While many people may think that acquiring new customers is the way to succeed in today’s economy, retaining long-term clients is actually one of the best marketing strategies you can implement. Here are ten of the most tried and tested ways to transform existing customers into clients who will do business with you for years to come:
- Focus marketing strategies on existing customers: one important thing to keep in mind is that your current customers have already overcome any hurdles associated with doing business with you and are much more likely to continue working with a company that maintains a close relationship with them. Simply put, go deeper rather than wider.
- Follow through with commitments: few things show your dedication to your customers than doing what you say you will do, whether that is sending them information on a new service you offer or simply following up with them to make sure they are happy with the current services or products you offer them.
- Be consistent: when working with your customers, it is important to present a consistent, solid, and professional demeanor—one that they can come to expect with your every interaction.
- Connect with customers personally: part of knowing your customers fully is connecting with them personally, which involves finding out about their lives, hopes, goals, and dreams and doing everything you can to help your customers achieve these objectives in all your interactions with them.
- Have a good time: so often, people tend to get caught up in goals, outcomes, and their bottom line, and, while these things are certainly important, they also need to exist in conjunction with positivity and fun. The more fun you can have with your customers while helping them achieve their goals simultaneously, the more likely they are to stay with you.
- Ask for feedback: few things let your customers know you care about them than asking for regular feedback, since this gives them a chance to voice any potential concerns and ultimately strengthens your working relationship.
- Be a resource for life: one of your main goals should be providing your customers with the services and products they need for many years, and it is essential to let them know this at the beginning of your relationship.
- Share useful resources: if you know the name of a useful book or even someone that can help your client with a specific issue, let him or her know about it. Sharing these resources is an excellent way to build loyalty.
- Reward your clients: few things show true appreciation for a customer’s many years of loyalty than rewards, such as special benefits or discounts on certain services.
- Keep learning: it is important to remember that the more time you spend on improving the services and products you offer and the more industry expertise you obtain, the more you have to offer your customers.
Following these steps is a sure-fire way to not only keep your customers happy, but also to ensure that your business continues to grow and thrive for many years.