You don’t have time to wait around for your customers to pay their invoices. After all, time is money. So, how do you get paid faster and offer a more convenient experience? The all-mighty text message.
Text message invoicing is a fast and easy way to communicate with customers. In fact, 9 out of 10 consumers prefer texting with a business over all other forms of communication. If you’re waiting several days to receive payments from your clients, it’s time to make a change.
Customers Crave Convenience
Customer convenience and satisfaction have a cause-and-effect relationship. For instance, a more convenient experience equals a higher rate of satisfaction.
Many people even prefer when businesses use text to send bills, estimates, appointment reminders and more.
48.7 million customers opted into business messages in 2020, and that growth is supposed to continue.
You can have the fastest website, the most competent service and the friendliest staff, but finishing the customer journey with antiquated billing practices will make your business look out of touch.
If you’re on the fence about text message invoicing and payments, take a look at the proof in the pudding:
- 95% of text messages are read and responded to within 3 minutes of being received
- 65% of people want their accounts, billing and payment reminders sent to them as a text
- 85% of respondents keep their phones within arm’s reach a majority of the time
- 98% of adults in the U.S. have access to a mobile device with text messaging services
- SMS response rates are 295% higher than responses from phone calls
Your Guide to Digital Billing
Communication between customers and business owners is easier than ever, whether paying for plumbing repair or rescheduling a hair appointment. The goal is to provide convenience at the click of a button, especially when it comes time to pay.
Finding a billing software with text message invoicing will certainly help you stake a claim in the name of customer convenience superiority, but it should make your business run easier, too.
Here’s what you’ve been looking for:
- Digital invoices and estimates via text and email
- Contactless payments via text and email
- Automatic payment reminders and follow-up messages
- Import and export important billing documents
- Recurring payments, payment plans, tipping
- Low transaction fees
- Fraud prevention
- And more
Small business owners endure substantial pressure to operate at the forefront of a digital-first mindset. While text message invoicing is only a small slice of the pie, it’s significant to how fast you get paid and how customers judge your business.