How to simplify small business appointment scheduling
When you’re running a service-based business, your work and cash flow revolves around appointments. Keeping your schedule filled is essential to turning a profit, yet answering the phone and manually scheduling appointments all day is a huge drain on productivity.
Automation is the answer, and the right small business appointment scheduling software can make it easy. Appointment booking software lets customers go online anytime to view openings in your calendar and schedule an appointment at a time that’s convenient for them. Customers love the convenience, and you and your staff will love the time this solution can save you.
When you’re ready to deploy scheduling software for appointments, Thryv can help. Our all-in-one platform includes small business appointment scheduling and capabilities that can help you stay organized and operate more efficiently, so you can spend less time answering the phone and more time doing the work you love.
Ways to promote your appointment scheduling options
When implementing an online appointment scheduler for small business, you’ll want to find as many ways as possible to let your clients know about this new service and remind them to use it as often as possible. Here are a few tips for promoting your online scheduling capabilities.
- Change your voicemail greeting. This is the best way to reach clients who are used to scheduling appointments via the phone. Your voicemail greeting can thank customers for calling and immediately remind them that they can schedule appointments online 24/7, providing the web address or social media page where they can access your schedule.
- Place calls to action (CTAs) on every page of your website. Include a “Book Now” button on every page of your website, making it easy for customers who decide to schedule an appointment to do so immediately. Test your CTAs by changing the language to include buttons that say “Schedule Your Appointment” or “Reserve Your Spot” and see which language gives you more clicks.
- Use your social media accounts. Include a link to your schedule on every social media platform that allows it.
- Update your online business listings. On listings sites like Google, Yahoo and Bing, be sure to mention that clients can book online 24/7, and include a “Book Now” button if permitted.
- Add reminders to your client communications. Every automated email, weekly newsletter and invoice should remind customers that they can book online anytime they want. Sending a “Thank you” email and text immediately after each visit with a reminder to book the next appointment will help keep your schedule full.
Small business appointment scheduling with Thryv
The Thryv platform provides the solutions that business owners need to manage their work more efficiently, stay organized, communicate with clients and take control of their business. With 20 industry customizations and a fully mobile interface, Thryv gives you access to the kind of technology previously reserved for big businesses.
The Thryv platform offers small business appointment scheduling software that takes the headache out of booking appointments while delighting customers with more convenience. From scheduling software for dentists and personal trainers to automated reminders for roofers and massage therapists, Thryv delivers all the tools you need to simplify scheduling and keep your calendar full.
With Thryv’s small business appointment scheduling, clients can go online 24/7 on any device to view your availability and schedule appointments that work for them.
Configure your calendar and service listings any way you want using custom durations, locations, hours and more. Allow customers to automatically book time or to request appointments that you can approve or deny.
Automated reminders and confirmations
Automatically confirm appointments by text or email and remind customers about upcoming appointments to reduce no-shows.
Automatically sync up and easily share calendars for your entire team, giving members as much access as you want them to have to manage clients and services.
Schedule and manage classes, events and other group activities, managing registration communication and payment right on the Thryv platform.
Process payments when appointments are booked to reduce no-shows and accelerate cash flow.
Offer packages of services that give clients more convenient options while increasing your revenue and encouraging repeat business.
Benefits of small business appointment scheduling software
- Minimize no-shows. When customers can choose an appointment based on their own schedule and availability, they’re less likely to blow off the appointment or forget to show up.
- Deliver more convenience. Roughly 40% of appointments are booked after business hours, so implementing online scheduling will give customers more options for how to book their appointments.i
- Improve competitiveness. Since fewer than 25% of service-based businesses enable customers to book appointments online, offering online scheduling can help your business stand apart your competitors.ii
- Enhance efficiency. Taking calls and returning customer voicemails concerning appointments can eat up a lot of time during the day. Allowing customers to book their own appointments online frees you and your team members from tending the phone lines all day.
- Accelerate cash flow. The best small business appointment scheduling software will enable you to accept payments at time of booking, improving cash flow and streamlining your invoicing process.
Why customers choose Thryv
From dental practices and accounting firms to home repair and other service businesses, tens of thousands of small business owners across the country trust Thryv to manage their work more efficiently and keep their business organized. Thryv’s comprehensive solutions include marketing automation tools, online file storage for small businesses, reputation management solutions, an online payment processor for small business and more. As an end-to-end business management solution, Thryv makes it easy to access the tools you need without having to log in to multiple software applications all day long. You can access your Thryv account from anywhere, on any device, putting business tools at your fingertips anytime you need them.
Your data, documents and customer information are kept safe and secure on the Thryv platform by cutting-edge data encryption and customizable account access controls. To simplify your workflow, Thryv integrates seamlessly with the tools you and your team already use – like QuickBooks, Zoom, Gmail, Square, PayPal and dozens of others – so you can take advantage of the benefits of Thryv without giving up the technology you’re already familiar with.