Shaun Walsh, senior sales training manager at Dex One’s Sales Academy, has been named as one of the top 40 training professionals age 40 and under by Training Magazine.
Candidates for the Top 40 were submitted by co-workers or industry peers. Nominations were reviewed by a panel of judges comprised of executive leaders from a wide variety of industries and the winners were chosen based on seven criteria:
• demonstrated leadership skills
• technical competence
• an accelerated career progression
• explanation of a solution to a learning and development challenge and the business results it achieved
• the development of an innovative training solution or program
• the ability to consistently produce training results
• a demonstrated ability to design training programs that are strategically aligned with the business
Walsh has been with Dex One for six years and has held various positions including premise marketing consultant, field strategy manager and interim regional sales director. He assumed his most recent position as Dex One began the centralization of key sales roles. In addition to personally hiring over 300 new sales employees, Walsh, and the training team, led the creation of a blended instructor and eLearning curriculum for sales employees.
“This nomination reinforces not only my individual accomplishments, but the overall impact of our training group,” said Walsh. “I look forward to continuing our work to provide our sales force and support teams the tools and expertise they need to be successful.”
Walsh is profiled in the May/June 2012 Training Magazine issue and will be honored at an awards ceremony in February 2013 at the Training 2013 Conference & Expo at World Disney World Resort, Fla.