We were curious about how our local business clients used social media, so we conducted a survey, asking them which social media platforms they are using, and how it’s working out. These are all local businesses across the U.S.
Some key takeaways here are:
- Businesses who feel they are getting the most out of their social media marketing say they get more referrals from social media than any of their other marketing methods
- They like targeting a specific audience, and feel that they can engage with their customers more easily on social media
- 56% of those using social media said it met their expectations for effectiveness
- 13% said it exceeded their expectations
- Facebook is king
Here’s what we asked and what they answered:
Which of the following social media platforms does your business use?
Who manages your social media activity?
What do you use social media for?
Do you plan to launch any new social media programs in the next 12 months?
Do you plan to stop using any social media platforms in the next 12 months?
Which single advertising method works best for your business?
More Client Surveys:
- We Asked Our Clients: Are you blogging?
- We Asked Our Clients: Tell us about your websites
- We Asked Our Clients: What are your advertising/marketing plans?