In SEO, the only constant is that it’s constantly changing. So there’s a lot of misinformation out there.
But get this. 65% of all website traffic still comes from a search engine, so you need to understand SEO.
Here are some SEO myths to avoid in 2019.
Myth #1: SEO is all about ranking for keywords.
High keyword rankings don’t always mean more traffic.
This could be because:
- Your keywords aren’t relevant.
- The meta descriptions you’re writing aren’t appealing.
- Your content is outdated.
Instead of focusing on keywords, focus on current, relevant content. The traffic will follow.
Myth #2: The more pages, the better.
Ever heard the phrase “Content is King”? That’s only true when it comes to QUALITY, not QUANTITY.
- Not everything you publish gets indexed by Google.
- Content too similar gets omitted in search results.
- Irrelevant content doesn’t generate qualified traffic.
Myth #3: Image optimization is optional.
Google recently removed the small ‘view image’ button from search results. Now, users have to visit actual webpages to see full-sized images.
So, websites with properly optimized images are getting more traffic.
- File names
- Alt text
Curious how you can impress the top search engines like Google? Hear Google’s top 3 SEO basics for small business.