Twitter profiles can be a creative way to gain more followers and advertise your business more effectively. This is the entry point for the world to see who you are, and what you are about. The @username, photo, and bio is the voice and personality of your business. Think about who your audience is and what you want to convey to them. Using a creative profile cover photo can be attention-grabbing and convey your message instantly.
Overall, Twitter is great to use for a multitude of reasons if you are willing to put in the time and effort to maintain and interact with followers:
- It is great for customer service, responding live to your customers
- Sharing links to new content from your blog or website
- Sharing links to other useful content your followers might like
- Offering coupons and promotions and sponsoring contests and events
- Getting involved in conversations that pertain to your industry
- Engaging followers by retweeting their images and content
- Being influential in your community by sharing what’s happening locally
If you’re just getting started with Twitter, check out Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Twitter for Business. And after the photo is perfected, you’ll need to write an epic bio for your business.
There are many ways to be creative with your profile cover photo. Below are a few examples from Ford, Las Vegas Sign, and SuperMedia.
Twitter recommends the cover photo be no more then 5MB and 1200px x 600px. However, it will resize any uploaded image to 520px × 260px. Here is an example of the new design template with dimensions taken from twitterheadersize.com.