Spas and salons have it rough right now. They can’t provide their in-person services during the COVID-19 pandemic. And they don’t have many options when it comes to virtual or no-contact work.
While other small businesses can eek by with curbside pickup, to go and delivery alternatives, there just aren’t comparable options for hands-on, person-to-person service providers.
Meet Hair by Sierra
In spite of that, hair stylist and color specialist Sierra — of Hair By Sierra in Fresno, California — is getting creative.
Sierra, a Thryv user, shared with us how she encouraged her clients to support her business despite being temporarily unable to use her services.
What she did:
- Rescheduled all online bookings and notified clients of cancellations
- Asked clients to purchase gift cards to use for future appointments
- Started an online store where clients can shop for their favorite salon products
- Began offering curbside pickup of styling products at her salon
- Sent marketing announcements detailing ways clients can support her business
- Requested ratings and reviews online
- Shared tips for how to treat and manage hair during quarantine
- Shared Facebook posts and Instagram stories to stay top of mind
Her email marketing announcement:
Sierra’s personalized touches emphasized the fact that small business owners need local support now more than ever.
Have more ideas for how consumers can support local businesses during temporary closures? Let us know!