A recent survey by MarketingCharts probed to find out what motivates consumers to open brand emails to get a better handle on how to improve open rates. The research team approached the subject from three angles:
- An overview of the influence of email on consumers today
- U.S. consumers’ attitudes toward email marketing
- Analysis of reasons consumers open emails
What follows are some of the main topics covered in the Debrief based on that survey:
- Email as a vehicle for brand engagement
- Why consumers opt in to receive brand emails
- The frequency by which consumers want to be emailed
- How often they open brand emails
- Reasons subscriber segments open brand emails
- Consumers’ thoughts on personalized subject lines and timing
- The importance of optimizing emails for mobile
The data was gathered using SurveyMonkey’s Audience panel and the Debrief consists of 22 easy-to-access charts and tables. Learn more about the Debrief.
Debrief: Why Consumers Open Brand Emails. Marketingcharts.com. January 2015.