Creating engaging content for your website or social media posts may seem like a daunting task but if you begin with a plan and some room for creativity, content creation can become a routine that helps drive new business. Remember that content is not just the words on your site. It’s also the photos, videos and links that make your content fresh and interesting.
Content is anything you create to help educate your customers and prospects and demonstrates your expertise and ability to meet your customer’s needs.
Here’s a list of some types of content that are frequently used:
- Blog Stories/Articles
- Case studies
- White papers
You should start with an content calendar. This calendar will help by planning out in advance, what topics you want to cover, when and where. For example, if you want to include social media into your marketing efforts you can create a social media calendar of the posts you want for each of your social pages. Likewise, with your blog or newsletter.
The three main things to think about when mapping out your content calendar are:
- What do I want my content efforts to achieve? Maybe drive more customers or improve your business reputation.
- What is the purpose of each piece of content? For example, is it to educate or to drive potential customers to your website?
- How can I use my content to move potential customers to buyers orrepeat business?
Gain Momentum & Cruise
Once you have your editorial calendar mapped out, make sure you are engaging prospective and current customers by:
- Writing and posting articles with helpful information that showcases your expertise in your industry, and post them in your blog, newsletter, email outreach or social media pages.
- Using images or videos of your completed work, employees or activity in the community in materials like your website, blog or social media pages.
- Ensuring your business information is complete and accurate on every page of your site and where you are found online. This guarantees you won’t lose a customer because of misinformation when they try to contact you.
Content marketing is a hot topic among businesses because it works. It works best though when the content is engaging, relevant and coveys the idea that you can deliver on your unique business promise. Content marketing gives you the opportunity to talk about what you know, shows your clients and potential clients why they should choose your business and is a great place for a call to action.
Do you have a favorite way to use content marketing? Let us know, we’d love to hear from you.