We all know by now that content wears the crown in the online universe. In this new world order of SEO, quality content will dominate the kingdoms. The people at ContentVerve released their 10 tips for writing content that will be successful for SEO in 2013 and beyond.
Integrating these 10 tips into your content strategy will not only be beneficial for the search engine bots, it will also help you convert visitors into customers. Remember, search engine algorithms are becoming more and more aware of the perspective of the consumers.
10 Tips for writing content that ranks in 2013
- Write for humans, optimize for robots.
- Keyword density is a thing of the past, don’t worry about it.
- Use variations of keywords and content — related and synonyms.
- Use a ~ (tilde) in Google to search for keywords that are related.
- Write thoroughly and be an expert on your subject.
- Use long tail keywords to attract better quality traffic.
- Provide answers to what your consumers/customers would ask.
- Share your content on social media platforms.
- Authorship and Google+
- Optimize your title tags, snippets, and meta descriptions for search engine results pages.