As a small business you are either currently on social media, or you know that you need to be. So let’s assume that you have jumped on board and your business is currently on a handful of social networks. You are posting as much as you can, you are trying to engage your fans, but you aren’t seeing quite as much engagement that you were hoping for. Let’s face it, it just isn’t as easy as you hoped for.
Well one of the biggest mistakes you can make on social as a small business is to approach all of the social networks the same way. If you are using the same messages and layouts across every social channel, you are limiting your results. You cannot approach each social network the same way, since each network has a different purpose and most importantly a different layout.
There is no magic formula to the perfect social media post, but this infographic designed by mycleveragency provides great tips for the most popular social channels that will help you create the perfect posts.
Here are some key takeaways:
- Facebook: Add an image that is mobile friendly, add a link, and provide compelling updates.
- Facebook: Be available, post when your audience is listening, not just when your business is open.
- Twitter: Use capital letters in correct places and avoid abbreviation.
- Twitter: Shorten all of your URLs. Bit.ly links receive the most retweets.
- Pinterest: Images without human faces get pinned more often than images with faces.
- Pinterest: Images do best in vertical orientation with an aspect ratio between 2:3 and 4:5.
- Google+: Tag brands and people when applicable, they’ll get a notification and may engage with your post.
- Google+: Choose bright full size images for your posts, do not drop a link and use the tiny photo.
Social Media Perfect Posts Infographic was produced by mycleveragency