The number one question I get from small businesses that are considering blogging is “How can it help my business?” Once they decide to take the plunge, their top 3 questions are: “What should I write about?”, “How often should I blog?”, and “Should I add a blog to my website or just use one of the free blogging platforms?”
The following infographic from IgniteSpot is full of compelling statistics about small business blogging in the U.S. that should help answer the question about how blogging helps.
Some interesting facts about blogging and business:
- 77% of internet users read blogs
- Small businesses with blogs generate 126% more leads
- Interesting content is one of the top 3 reasons people follow brands on social media
- 81% of U.S. consumers trust advice and information from blogs
- 61% of U.S. consumers have made a purchase based on a blog post