Finding customers with social media tools for small business
Social media is an important part of building your company. Small business social media marketing can help you to build brand awareness, grow your client base and stay connected with current customers.
However, social media management for small business can be complex and time-consuming, especially if you’re trying to handle it on your own. Fortunately, there are lots of social media tools for small business owners that can do the heavy lifting when it comes to creating and posting content and tracking progress toward your goals.
As a do-it-all platform for small business management, Thryv offers social media tools for business owners that simplify tasks, automate processes and let you stay focused on the really important stuff – doing the work you love.
How to improve your social media results
Setting goals and measuring progress is one of the most helpful ways to achieve success with social media for small business. The major social platforms provide lots of analysis and data that can help you understand which posts lead to greater engagement and which posts leave your audience cold. By monitoring this information, you can make small, continuous improvements to your social media activity to engage more customers and reach more prospects.
Many small business owners assume that the number of followers is the most important measurement, or metric. In reality, engagement is what matters – shares, likes, comments and subscriptions are the things that matter most. Engagement keeps your business on your customers’ minds and – thanks to the algorithm on social media sites – puts your content in front of more of their friends and followers.
Each of the major social platforms provides slightly different sets of metrics. Here are some of them most important metrics to track to get better results from your small business social media plan.
- Engagement – this is the number of times someone clicked a link, shared, commented on or left a reaction on your posts. It shows whether your audience finds the content you’re posting interesting and valuable.
- Reach – this is the number of people who see your content through paid or organic marketing efforts. When your reach drops, you might consider buying ads to put your content in front of a larger audience.
- Referral Traffic – this is the number of visitors your website gets from Facebook. It’s a great way to see if your social posts are encouraging people to spend more time looking for details on your website.
- Video Retention – how long people watch your video on Facebook. This helps you see where people lose interest in your video content, letting you make adjustments to keep their interest longer in your next video post.
- Engagement Per Followers – this is the amount of engagement you receive relative to the number of followers you have. This lets you evaluate your engagement against your competitors who may have more or less followers.
- Comments – the number of comments people leave about your content. Because leaving a comment takes more effort than simply liking a post, this metric gives you a better idea about how engaging your content is.
- Story Tap Back and Forward – this reveals how often your audience replays a story or skips ahead, giving you a better idea of how compelling your Instagram Stories are.
- Engagement Rate – the average number of engagements per impression, which shows you how well a tweet or your account is performing as a whole.
- Top Tweet – this identifies the tweet with the highest number of impressions or engagements, allowing you to see what kind of content appeals to your audience.
- Top Mentions – the number of tweets that mention you and gain high engagements. Engaging with these tweets increases the visibility of your brand.
- Profile Clicks – the number of times someone clicked on your account name, username or photo, revealing a higher level of interest in knowing more about you or your company.
The right social media tools for small business can help you monitor and take advantage of these metrics and others. That’s where Thryv offers remarkable value.
Social media tools for small business from Thryv
Thryv is an end-to-end platform that delivers all the tools small businesses need to build the business, manage daily activities, get paid faster and enhance reputation online.
Thryvs social media tools for small business can help you improve your social media presence by making it easier to develop content, generate posts, track metrics and gain insight into customers and competitors.
Use a single dashboard
Thryv’s centralized dashboard lets you connect your social media accounts – including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn – so you can publish content from one place, on any device. With one click, you can post content, photos, videos and links to all your pages or to a select few.
Post on your schedule
Thryv’s social media tools for small business let you post and share instantly on social media or schedule content at times convenient for you. When your days are consumed with other tasks, you can schedule posts in advance on the channels you choose. Thryv will identify the top times when your content will get the most attention and automatically post at the right time to maximize visibility.
Thryv’s library of more than half a million pre-written posts can be easily personalized for your business. This customizable content allows you to get posts out more quickly, or to ensure a steady stream of social activity when you’re unsure what to say. Thryv can even analyze posts of other businesses to figure out what topics and messaging will help to keep you competitive.
Track your metrics
With Thryv’s dashboard, you can track metrics like views, likes, shares and reach to see which posts perform well. The dashboard also shows when each social site’s followers are online, so you can host at times when your content is most likely to be seen.
Add expertise to your social team
Thryv’s full-service social upgrade lets you add the expertise of our content specialists to your team. With comments and replies straight from Thryv’s experts, you can more fully engage your followers and fans, staying focused on your own priorities while letting our team do the heavy lifting.
Thryv’s tools for building your online reputation
Along with social media tools for small business, encouraging online reviews and comments is one of the best ways to spread the word about your business and build trust with potential customers. Even when you get less-than-stellar reviews, the way you respond can win back dissatisfied customers and impress prospects with your commitment to customer service.
Thryv lets you take control of your online reputation and build it one star at a time. Our pre-built templates let you automatically request reviews at the perfect time – when invoicing a client, completing appointments or accepting payments, for example. Thryv monitors the top sites for reviews and comments and notifies you as soon as new reviews are posted. Our live review acknowledgment service will respond to reviews within one business day, even when you don’t have the time to take care of yourself.
To increase your competitiveness, take advantage of Thryv’s in-depth analysis of how you rank against your competition. We’ll compare your business to four competitors of your choosing to see how you rank online, giving you a better sense of what you need to do to outpace other businesses in your field.
Why customers choose Thryv
Tens of thousands of small business owners choose Thryv to help them find customers, streamline workloads, accelerate payments and generate buzz about their business. Along with the quality and ease-of-use of our comprehensive small business tools, customers choose Thryv for several key reasons.
- A do-it-all platform. With Thryv, you can log in once and access all the tools you need. Thryv lets you avoid multiple browser windows and platforms or the need to constantly re-log in as you switch business tools throughout the day.
- Anywhere access. You can use Thryv anywhere, on any device – laptop, desktop, mobile phone or tablet. That means you’ll always have your small business social media tools and other solutions at your fingertips.
- Easy integration. Thryv works seamlessly with other business productivity tools like QuickBooks, PayPal, Zoom, Gmail, Square and many others. With Thryv, you and your employees can keep using the tools you’re familiar with while adding the power of Thryv’s comprehensive solutions to your workday.
- Unlimited support. From the first time you log in, you’ll have access to unlimited, 24/7 support from Thryv’s small business specialists.
- Exceptional security. Thryv’s end-to-end platform offers cutting-edge data encryption and customizable account access to ensure that your information and your customers’ data stays safe and secure.