With the advent of digital technologies and the instant gratification they offer, customer expectations these days are higher than ever before. This was the topic of a new study recently conducted by Accenture. What follows are significant insights from the Customer 2020 study:
- The “always on” nature of eCommerce sites and mobile technology has created a new breed of customers who want what they want immediately—nearly two-thirds polled said they use online channels because of the speed and convenience they provide
- Customers have more places to shop these days and have no problem going elsewhere for a better deal and/or better service—two thirds of respondents said they shop more brands than they did 10 years ago
- Customers rely heavily on other customers’ reviews of a brand and/or company—more than half admitted to reading customer reviews and trusting customer opinions more today than they did 10 years ago
- Customers are more likely to switch companies or providers when they get bad service—6 out of 10 respondents said they are more likely to switch due to poor service today than 10 years ago
- Some customers still like to talk to a live person when resolving issues
These are just a few of the highlights from the study. Read the full report here.
Lesonsky, Rieva. “Keeping Up With the Customer Service World Today”. Smallbiztrends.com. 9/1/2015.