Google My Business optimization connects you to customers
Google Business Profile, formerly known as Google My Business, is one of the most powerful tools for connecting you with potential customers. Google Business Profile contains information that was added by the business owner, or, if the profile is unclaimed, by your customers. By optimizing your profile, it allows you a level of control to display the things that make your business stand out in the search results any time someone looks up your business or area businesses like yours.
However, the potential value for your business from this Google service is not automatic. When your listing has incomplete information, inaccurate attributes or unanswered customer questions, you won’t get as much traction with search results – or as much traffic from customers. That’s why Google My Business optimization is so important. It lets you manage your business on Google and control the way your business appears on Google Search and Google Maps. It also influences your business’ reputation since Google Reviews are highly trusted and integrated into your Google Business Profile.
As an all-in-one platform for managing your small business, Thryv offers Google My Business optimization services to help you control and perfect your Google Business Profile, giving you more access to customers and a leg up on the competition.
The benefits of Google My Business
An accurate Google My Business Profile is essential in several ways.
- It provides important information about your business, including your phone number, website, hours of operation and other details.
- It’s the first place most customers will find you, often before they ever visit your website or your physical location.
- You can control the content within your Business Profile, shaping the message you want customers to see.
- It offers an opportunity for direct communication with your customers through Q&As and reviews that you can respond to.
- Ultimately, your Google Business Profile gives you a competitive edge since many companies choose not to claim their listings.
Here are several best practices for Google My Business optimization.
- Lock in a category and subcategory. Defining your category and subcategory makes it easier for your business to be seen when consumers are searching for general information, rather than for your business specifically.
- Load up on attributes. Be sure to include all the services and features of your business that potential customers may be looking for – for example, patio seating, wheelchair-accessible entrances, free Wi-Fi and so on.
- Include a photo. Customers are 42% more likely to get directions to a business if the profile has a picture.
- Encourage reviews. Reviews are a major influencer on Google’s ranking algorithm, and customers are more likely to choose a business with lots of reviews.
- Keep on posting. Posting on your Google Business Profile will also have a positive effect on your Google ranking. Most posts expire after seven days, so it’s best to post regularly.
- Optimize Q&A. Google’s question-and-answer feature provides potential customers with lots of information about your business. Many times questions will be answered by other patrons, but you can answer questions yourself to make sure the details are correct.
Google My Business optimization with Thryv
Our Google My Business optimization service lets you claim and manage your Google listing, so customers can find you, book appointments and make online recommendations more easily.
With Thryv’s Google My Business optimization, you can:
- Claim your Google Business Profile quickly and easily. Use our Google Business Profile manager to create, claim or transfer your profile from a single screen. As a Google Premier Partner, Thryv removes the time-consuming process of the verifying your listing so you can gain ownership of your info fast.
- Help customers find you. Rely on Thryv to lock down your Google Business Profile as well as your listings on other top sites. These online listings include essential details like hours of operation and available services, helping your customers find the info they need.
- Keep your listing always up to date. Thryv’s template helps you build a complete, attractive profile. Use a single dashboard to automatically push your latest information to 40+ search destinations to be sure your listings are fresh and relevant.
- Let Thryv do the heavy lifting. With our Google Business Profile Managed Service, you can trust a team of Thryv experts to manage and optimize your listings daily. By aligning your calls to action and your business profile, we help you boost local ranking, improve engagement and convert more customers.
- Improve your local search rankings. When your Google Business Profile is up-to-date, your chances of ranking highly in local search results and “near me” searches jump dramatically. Businesses that show up in Google’s Map Pack get 44% of total clicks on average.
- Generate more online reviews. By automating requests for reviews with every interaction, you can add more reviews to your Google profile fast. As a result, you’ll improve your search rankings and build more trust with customers.
Enhance your online presence with 40+ listing sites
In addition to Google My Business optimization, Thryv can help sync your business info across more than 40 different listing sites. Just upload your business details and Thryv will lock your information down across Google, Facebook, Yelp and lots of other top sites.
To expand your online presence, Thryv also offers:
- A customized web portal for customers. With Thryv’s client portal solutions, you can offer your customers a personalized login area where they can book appointments and services, pay fees and communicate with your business. Use the portal to generate clicks and calls, share documents and offer other services in a safe and secure environment.
- Get a professionally designed website. Your Thryv website will be custom-built by our in-house designers with features to promote your brand online through compelling calls to action. Our sites are optimized to make your business as visible as possible with top search engines.
- Use custom video content to tell your story. We offer access to professional video services that can help you promote your business more effectively. Choose from automatically generated video, custom-built video, video ads, social ads, animated GIFs or a website background video.
Why small businesses love Thryv
Thryv is an all-in-one client experience platform that offers everything small business owners need to get the job done, manage their work and get credit for their successes. The Thryv platform includes comprehensive tools to build an online presence, manage day-to-day operations, get paid digitally and share positive experiences with customers with small business social media marketing.
Features of the Thryv platform:
- An end-to-end solution. Thryv eliminates the need to login to multiple apps to manage your small business.
- Flexible platform. You can use Thryv from any location, on any device – desktop, tablet or mobile devices. Thryv puts complete business management tools at your fingertips.
- Unmatched support. Thryv offers unlimited 24/7 support along with flexible training and hands-on onboarding. In-app chat, tips, videos and guides make it easy to learn at your own pace.
- Exceptional protection. Cutting-edge data encryption and customizable account access keeps your data safe and controls who sees what.
- Extensive integrations. Thryv integrates seamlessly with existing software, productivity tools and social platforms, including platforms like PayPal, QuickBooks, WordPress, Zoom, Gmail and many more.