HIPAA-compliant software for small businesses
When you’re managing a small business in the field of healthcare, complying with HIPAA can be a real challenge. Small practices often lack the financial resources and IT staff that larger organizations rely on to ensure compliance, yet the penalties for non-compliance can be substantial.
One of the most effective ways to solve this challenge is with HIPAA-compliant software – applications that help your business comply with HIPAA regulations. HIPAA-compliant software includes features like encryption, access controls and monitoring that are required by HIPAA, helping to simplify the task of managing compliance.
As an all-in-one platform with tools for small businesses, Thryv provides HIPAA-compliant software for managing nearly every aspect of a small healthcare-related business. From scheduling appointments and communicating with customers to producing invoices and storing documents, Thryv gives you the tools you need to run your business efficiently while maintaining HIPAA compliance.
What makes software HIPAA compliant?
HIPAA, or the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, establishes guidelines for protecting sensitive patient data. HIPAA regulations stipulate that businesses that manage protected health information (PHI) must have a set of security measures in place to protect this data. Businesses that must comply with HIPAA include organizations that provide treatment, payment or healthcare operations, as well as business associates who can access patient information or who provides support services for treatment, payment or operations.
Since much of work of a healthcare-related business is performed digitally, it’s imperative that these businesses use HIPAA-compliant software. No software in itself can guarantee HIPAA compliance, but choosing the right software can significantly simplify the task.
To help with HIPAA compliance, software must offer several key features.
- Access controls. To ensure that individuals can view only the minimum amount of information required to perform their jobs, HIPAA-compliant software must deploy strict access controls over who can see what information.
- Encryption. Because regulations require encryption of PHI at rest, HIPAA-compliant software should provide end-to-end encryption. Superior software will deliver protection for information in transit as well.
- Monitoring. To be HIPAA compliant, organizations must retain records of activity related to PHI for six years. HIPAA-compliant software must automatically track and monitor both successful and unsuccessful login attempts.
- Breach-specific procedures. If a data breach or another type of threat occurs, organizations must follow specific protocols established by HIPAA. Software must be configured for regular backups, and critical PHI and other data must be able to be easily restored.
Thryv: seriously powerful HIPAA-compliant software
Thryv is an end-to-end business management platform that helps small businesses stay organized and work more efficiently. From marketing and document management to invoicing and CRM for small business, Thryv offers solutions that can help you and your team manage nearly every aspect of your business.
Along with comprehensive small business tools, Thryv offers an add-on to safeguard protected health information in compliance with HIPAA. Thryv’s HIPAA Compliant Add On includes an array of features that help to ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- All-access is monitored with proper oversight and audit trails.
- Forms on websites are upgraded to safeguard the transmission of data.
- All protected info is handled safely via back-end processes and associated vendors.
- Backend enhancements and a careful review of the entire platform and all integration partners help to ensure compliance.
- Ongoing reviews confirm compliance is maintained.
- An exclusive team of HIPAA Certified Specialists follows compliant privacy standards when providing support. Only Certified HIPAA Specialists will be able to access HIPAA Compliant Thryv accounts.
What you can do with Thryv
Thryv’s HIPAA-compliant small business solutions can help you manage your workload from one central location. Thryv offers solutions for:
- Social media. Connect your social media accounts – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn – with Thryv’s all-in-one social media management software. Create and schedule content in advance, posting it with one click to your social media platforms.
- Online listings. Upload and automatically sync your business information across 40+ trusted listing sites – including Google Business Profile – to give customers and search engines greater confidence in your business.
- Scheduling appointments. Let customers book or request appointments online anytime, day or night, and automatically sync your calendars so you’re never overbooked.
- Customer communication. Use a single inbox to send and receive customer communication on any channel – email, text or social. Thryv’s customer communication platform lets you view customer-related messages from multiple channels in a single thread, so you never lose track of any messages.
- Document storage and sharing. Store and share documents online to eliminate paper clutter. Collaborate on and edit documents online – Thryv will track changes so you always have access to the most recent version.
- Customer relationship management. Compile all your contact lists in Thryv’s client management software for small business, with detailed insights and a customizable view of leads and clients. Nurture prospects and customers with automated communications.
- Invoicing and payment. Issue online invoices, estimates and quotes from anywhere. Give customers more options for payment so you can get paid faster.
- Marketing automation. Using the information in Thryv’s customer database software for small business, set up trigger-based email and text marketing campaigns that automatically contact customers based on their choices, demographics, timelines and other criteria. Rely on Thryv’s massive library of ready-to-send messages for every occasion to produce compelling content, even when you don’t know what to say.
- Reputation management. Take control of your online reputation by automatically asking customers for reviews at the most opportune times. Receive notification as soon they post online about your business, and let Thryv help you reply to all reviews within one business day.
Tens of thousands small business owners choose Thryv’s end-to-end solutions to help manage their companies more efficiently. With Thryv, you can manage everything from a single dashboard, accessing all the tools you need during the day without needing to repeatedly log in to a variety of platforms and applications. Access Thryv from anywhere, on any device, so you and your employees can get work done from anywhere.
Thryv’s highly secure and HIPAA-compliant software ensures that your customers’ information remains private and that your business data is protected from loss, leaks and cyberattacks. Thryv’s solutions integrate easily with the tools your team already uses and loves, including common business solutions like QuickBooks, WordPress, Gmail, Zoom and many more. Thryv’s unmatched, unlimited, 24/7 support provides access to small business experts who have both technical know-how and business expertise.