Find customers fast with Google My Business profile
When you’re running a small business, one of the most effective ways to find customers is through your Google Business Profile, formally known as a Google My Business profile. This free, easy-to-use tool from Google contains information about your business that will show up in Google search results whenever a user searches for your business, businesses like yours or the kinds of products and services you offer. It’s an ideal way to put your business in front of customers who are looking for what you offer – and who are ready to buy.
Here’s the catch: to really stand out from your competitors in the search results, you must meticulously optimize your profile and continually update it. If your profile contains incomplete information or you don’t refresh it often, your search engine rankings – and customer interest – are likely to suffer. When you manage your business on Google effectively, you can control the information in your profile and open up a dialogue with potential customers by answering questions and responding to reviews.
Maintaining your Google My Business profile can be time-consuming and complicated. That’s why Thryv offers a Google My Business optimization service to simplify the process and lighten your load. With Thryv, you can reap the benefits of this valuable Google tool with a lot less effort.
Completing your Google My Business profile
To get the most from your Google My Business profile, follow this checklist when editing your profile in Thryv or in the Google Business Profile manager.
- Add a logo and cover photo. Including your logo will help customers recognize you. A cover photo is the first image a potential customer will see when they land on your listing, so it’s important that it represents your business well.
- Add a description of your business. Let customers know what you’re about and what kind of experience they can expect.
- Add or edit business categories. Categories describe what your business is and help connect you to customers looking for businesses like yours.
- Set attributes. Let customers know about special features you offer like patio seating, online booking or wheelchair access.
- Confirm your contact information. This includes your street address, phone number, website and appointment links.
- Set your service area. Add up to 20 locations that define the area where you do business.
- Confirm business hours. Include both regular hours and hours for days when you may have an irregular schedule, such as holidays.
- Respond to reviews. Share links with clients to invite them to leave a review on your profile. Responding to all reviews, both positive and negative, demonstrates your commitment to engaging with customers and providing exceptional experiences.
- Add photos. Adding images to your listing will drastically improve performance. To outshine your competitors, add high-quality, engaging photos and videos. Include clear images of the inside and outside of your business as well as your products and services, your employees, and your business environment.
- Post often. Posts allow you to share information about upcoming events, special offers, new products and services and other news.
Optimize your Google My Business profile with Thryv
Thryv is an all-in-one platform with management software for small business. Accessible from any location on any device, Thryv’s solutions help you manage nearly every aspect of your business more efficiently.
Thryv’s Google Business Profile optimization service helps you claim and manage your Google My Business profile to make it easier for customers to find you, book your services and recommend you online. With Thryv, you can:
- Claim your profile. Claiming your Google My Business profile is the first step to optimizing your information on Google. Thryv can help you create, claim or transfer your profile quickly, from a single screen. As a Google Premier Partner, Thryv eliminates the time it usually takes to verify your business and give you ownership of your info.
- Optimize your listing. Thryv’s solution helps you lock down your profile on Google and other top sites to attract ready buyers and help them find the information they need.
- Keep your profile fresh. Edit and manage your listing from a single dashboard to keep your information up-to-date and ensure you have a complete, attractive profile.
- Let Thryv sweat the details. Thryv’s Google Business Profile Managed Service provides daily management and optimization of your listing. A team of experts will align your profile and calls to action with your website, enriching content, boosting local rankings and improving engagement with customers.
- Enhance your rankings in local search. When your Google My Business profile is complete and up to date, your chances of showing up in Google’s Map Pack or Local 3 Pack will skyrocket.
- Boost your credibility. Online reviews are a powerful way to sway the opinion of prospects and encourage them to engage your services. Thryv automates requests reviews with every interaction and adds review to your Google My Business profile quickly.
Additional small business tools on the Thryv platform
In addition to optimizing your Google Business Profile, Thryv helps you manage many other aspects of your business more efficiently.
Offer online appointment scheduling
Empower customers to book appointments online at their convenience, freeing your staff from answering the phone all day or playing phone tag with customers. Thryv keeps your calendars synced so you’re never overbooked.
Automate your marketing campaigns
Set up automated marketing campaigns that send emails or texts based on specific triggers like customer behavior or certain dates.
Master social media
Create content and schedule posts from a central location, publishing to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn with just a few clicks.
Nurture customer relationships
Consolidate customer lists in a powerful CRM system that gives you customizable views of your leads and opportunities and helps to nurture relationships with prospects and customers with regular and timely communication.
Simplify customer communication
Manage conversations with customers from a single inbox, viewing messages in email, texts and social media in a single, client-specific thread.
Store and share documents securely
Securely request, store and share documents with contacts. Collaborate on documents online while never losing track of the most recent version.
Invoice customers and accept payments online
Send quotes, estimates and invoices online, enabling customers to pay online as well. Give customers more ways to pay so you can get paid faster.
Manage your online reputation
Generate more five-star reviews by requesting reviews at the right time. Get immediate notification when customers post comments and reviews. Rely on Thryv’s online review management services to help respond to reviews on Google, Yelp and Facebook within one business day – even when you’re too busy to do it yourself.
Why customers love Thryv
Thousands of small business owners choose Thryv to help find customers, improve efficiency, stay organized and generate buzz about their business. Businesses choose Thryv for several key reasons.
- Anywhere access. Use Thryv’s solutions anywhere, on any device – laptop, desktop, mobile phone or tablet. That means you’ll always have the tools you need to run your business at your fingertips.
- An all-in-one platform. Stop logging in to multiple platforms and applications all day long. With Thryv, you can log in once and access all the tools you need.
- Easy integration. Thryv integrates seamlessly with QuickBooks, PayPal, Zoom, Gmail, Square and many others. That means you and your team can keep using the tools you’re familiar with while adding Thryv to your workflow.
- Exceptional security. Cutting-edge data encryption and customizable account access ensure that your information stays safe and your customers’ data is always secure.
- Unlimited support. Access unlimited support 24/7 from specialists who have small business expertise as well as technical know-how.