The advent of the cloud has had a profound impact on small businesses in recent years, offering small business owners an increasing diversity of tools and technology to ease business management and streamline operations. Small Biz Daily recently looked at some of the ways in which cloud technology has the ability to help small businesses to grow and expand in the year 2016 and beyond.
- Cloud storage systems boost business productivity. With these cloud systems, your business data is available to you anywhere and at any time via a wide range of devices, increasing employee efficiency and also improving customer service. Simple search technologies also make it easy to find that data quickly and easily.
- The cloud encourages and facilitates collaboration. There are a variety of cloud-based tools available (like shared calendars and online video conferencing) that makes it easier for remote teams to work together. Employees can also add to and edit shared files.
- The cloud keeps everything up to date. With cloud based storage and shared applications, all files are synced and kept current in real time. This ensures that all team members always have the latest version of the work.
- The cloud safeguards both company and customer data. Not only is this important for the integrity of the business, but it can be important for risk management purposes and an important sell point for customers. Cloud service providers have access to the latest security technology, ensuring the safety of all your sensitive data.
- The cloud enables innovation and flexibility. When you work from the cloud, you have the ability to work on files anytime you want to. This gives you the flexibility to act on those spontaneous big ideas and also take notes and save videos and images as needed.
- The cloud sets you up for short- and long-term growth. When you work from the cloud, you are never limited by hard drive or server space. There are various options available, so that you’re able to scale up as needed with business growth. There are also applications available on the cloud that allow you to onboard and train employees quickly, minimizing downtime.
Lesonsky, Rieva. Countdown to 2016: How Cloud Technology Can Help Your Business Grow. Small Biz Daily. 12/17/15. (12/20/15).