It’s no secret that engaging social audiences keeps getting trickier, thanks to algorithm changes and saturated social media platforms.
But don’t be intimidated. You have more options than you think. Here are a few ideas of different types of Facebook posts.
1. A link. But don’t just post the link. Comment on it.
2. A photo. Same advice as above. Say something about the photo.
3. A video. These tend to get strong engagement. You can even make uber-short ones on Instagram.
4. Ask a question. You can even ask about products to carry in your store. Be specific.
5. Fill-in-the-blank statements.
And those are just post types. There’s also post content to consider.
Here are some ideas along those lines. (Note: Many of these ideas work for other social platforms, and some of the examples below are even taken from other platforms.)
1. A behind-the-scenes look at your company.
2. Happy customers.
3. Pets of customers or employees.
4. An unusual job.
5. Content related to a current season or holiday.
6. Links to helpful articles related to your industry.
7. Controversial news items or op-ed pieces related to your industry.
8. Practical tips.
9. Trivia questions related to your industry. Hint: Don’t make them too hard if you want replies.
10. Your product, especially in use. But avoid sounding or looking too market-y.
11. Kudos to neighboring small businesses.
12. Community news.
13. An outrageous version of your product. For example, this post would be great for a coffee shop, whether or not that coffee shop does elaborate latte art itself.
14. A historical photo of your company or industry. Jump on that #throwbackthursday bandwagon!
15. A cartoon or comic photo related to your industry. Hashtag it #fridayfunny or #fridayfun.
Btw, your posts don’t all have to be original content. That’s a lot of hours devoted to creating content that you probably need to put toward running your business. Instead, follow like-minded business, and click that share button on occasion that allows you to share others’ posts.
It’s a social network after all. Be social!
Check out our blog post on what social platforms best suit your business!