We’re criss-crossing the nation holding free Marketing Success Seminars for small business owners! Our latest event was held in Baltimore and included our always dynamic moderator Barry Moltz (pictured here with participants) and this fine panel:
- Joe Nathan, Senior Partner Manager, Channel Management & Reseller Network at Yahoo
- Deborah Gallant, Founder of Bold Business Works
- Matt Targett, Strategic Partner Manager, Channel Sales at Google
- Glenn Garnes, Connector at Village Connector Community
Small business owners learned a ton and tweeted about the event along the way.
Great small business seminar in Baltimore with #DexMedia
— Jen Hobbs (@jenniferkhobbs) June 17, 2015
Here are some of the top eight tips/facts/lessons they learned:
- Eighty-two percent of smartphone users use a search engine when looking for a local business.
- “Near me” searches have doubled in the last year.
- More than 100 million-plus hours of how-to content have been watched on YouTube so far this year. (Are you creating your own how-to content?)
- You need a “good-enough” website — it doesn’t have to blow people’s minds, but it can’t be bad either.
- You have seconds to make a first impression with your homepage — put the most important information there, like where you’re located.
- Instruct website visitors on what you want them to do when they’re at your website. Do you want them to call, email, follow you on Facebook, join your e-newsletter, buy something?
- Marketing is an all-the-time thing. You can’t just do it sometimes and expect great results.
- Offering the lowest prices isn’t necessarily the best way to keep a customer. Being valuable and building a relationship is.
You’ll soon be able to watch the video from the Baltimore event. Get tips from our Dallas event here — no two events are the same! And if you’re in Las Vegas, join us for our next Marketing Success Seminar on July 15!