President’s Day is on the horizon, and we know you’re super pumped for your day off! Okay, that was mean. We know you’re more likely to be preparing for an increase in work while some of your customers take advantage of the three-day weekend.
Most holidays have familiar, straight-forward themes that are easy to build promotions from and get customers in the door. Since you know these holidays well, and so do your customers, it’s not usually a big mind-stretch to market your products. Valentine’s Day? “Nothing says, ‘I love you’ like a couple’s massage – get 15% off if you book today!” Thanksgiving? “That meal is going to smell glorious. Don’t let stinky Sparky wreck the aroma. Bring him in for a bath before the holiday, and take advantage of a free shampoo upgrade!” What about President’s Day? Don’t feel bad if ideas aren’t rolling off your tongue.
Let’s get the creative juices flowing. Here are some of the most out-of-the-box President’s Day tweets we found to spark your creativity.
- @Airbnb: Washington slept here—now you can too. http://ow.ly/tHKJL #travel#history
- @DoveMenCare: Keep your President’s Day irritation-free with our antiperspirant deodorant.
- @Hostess_Snacks: I cannot tell a lie. I totally demolished those Cherry Fruit Pies. #PresidentsDay
- @Quaker: Such a great birthday month for some old friends! Happy President’s Day! – Larry
- @ATT: Happy 282nd birthday to the first POTUS. Still got it. #PresidentsDayhttp://soc.att.com/1e1dJtW
- @kfc: Nashville Hot isn’t as hot as President Polk wants you to think in this historical document. #NashvillePresidentsDay
(Side note: Check out the #NashvillePresidentsDay hashtag on Twitter for a few more like this one. It’s pretty amusing.)
If you already have one or two timely promotions or clever social posts prepared, go you! Remember, your communications don’t always have to be jam-packed with special offers. Sometimes it’s good enough (and even adds a bit of value) to place your business top of mind for customers with a light-hearted post.